TYSA provides Field Marshals at the Henderson Park complex to assist referees, spectators, coaches and players. Field Marshals are volunteers, TYSA’s representatives to the soccer players, referees and families. Field Marshals wear TYSA shirts or jackets to be readily identified.
A TYSA Board Member is the officer of the day for field marshals. Each marshal makes contact with the Officer of Day at the beginning of their tour of duty in order to receive specific instructions and activities.
Aside from any assignments given by the Officer of the Day, Field Marshals walk around all the fields at the main complex to be available to answer questions and assist players and parents. Potential conflicts are worked out with the Officer of the Day (i.e., referee shortage; coach/player/parent ejections from the premises; player injury).
Field Marshal Responsibilities:
Saturday Morning Shift (7:15 to 12:30)
- Check game schedule for game times. (Field Marshal Book)
- Unlock goals for all fields of play approximately 30 minutes before the start of first game of the day.
- With coaches help, set up goals for fields #1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Use bucket (in lower shed and concession stand closet) for the spikes and hammer. Field 6 has pins and flags in shed at the field. Take spikes and hammer out of box on field 6 and leave on box for coaches. Lock box.
- Place corner flags on all individual fields of play.
- Coaches are responsible for securing goals and flags.
- Encourage referees to get games started on time!!!!
Saturday Afternoon Shift (12:30 to last game)
- Provide trash can bags for the designated team (generally the last or second to last game of the day) for emptying all trash cans in their immediate area of play.
- Tell coaches of last games on each field that they are responsible for removing corner flags, pins, and spikes and putting equipment in shed. ALL GOALS MUST BE LOCKED DOWN to a designated place at each field. U8 coaches need to lock teams benches as well as goals. LOCK SHED after all equipment has been returned.
Sunday Shift (12:00 to last game):
- Same responsibilities as Saturday morning shifts. Make sure coaches of last game LOCK DOWN GOALS